Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review: Malacca Spa

Got a voucher from Groupon to try out the oh-so-awesome-NOT! body massage package offered by Malacca Spa.
It's situated in Sri Rampai, 20 minutes away from KL city!
Ok, that doesn't really concern me since I stay quite near to Sri Rampai.

But really, as the name suggest.. Malacca Spa.. I had tried a few in Malacca and they were all bad. I know this is in KL, but maybe it's the Malacca effect! Ahah!
In what way, really?
Service.

This part is copied from Groupon.
Package includes
  • 1-hour full body massage (RM150 value) (Choose 1)
    - Relaxing massage (lavender oil for shoulder and head massage, sunflower oil for lower body massage)
    - Traditional Malay massage (lavender oil for shoulder and head massage, sunflower oil for lower body massage)
    - Balinese massage (lavender oil for shoulder and head massage, sunflower oil for lower body massage)
    - Body shaping massage (choice of lemongrass or ginger essential oil for stomach, feet, and arms massage)
  • 30-min full body whitening mask (RM98 value)
  • 25-min hot bed treatment (RM88 value)
  • 10-min face massage with aromatherapy oil (RM45 value)
  • 15-min foot treatment (RM55 value)



To have workers who are not clear about the package offered is bad. Very bad.

First and foremost, the person attended to me, I shall call her the masseur of the day, didn't even bother asking which of the above massages I would like to have a go with. Then, she came showing me a list of choices of oil that I could use apart from the usual oil, with EXTRA CHARGES!

Really? It's stated clearly on the website, I didn't see any footnote on extra charges.
I didn't take any anyway.
I didn't ask about it because the printed Groupon voucher was a simple version just. I couldn't remember what I bought.

The very main thing was of course, the massage session, second to the location..
However, I would say I had a disappointing experience.

My masseur did everything so quickly, like she's in a rush to clear everything up.
The massage was supposed to last for an hour long! Together with a 30 minutes long body mask.
I think it went on for like 15 minutes before she walks around, and for another 15 minutes when she came back. Yeap, that's what it felt like and it really went on for that long only. I am not exaggerating.. Not because the massage was too good that I wished it lasted longer. NO, nothing like that!
Ohh.. was so looking forward to a good massage session. 0_0

Besides that, when she was about to do the face 'SPA', she said sponge is not inclusive. Have to that purchase oh-so-special-sponge for RM10.00 to do a 10 minute face SPA, Oh no! she didn't use it for anything else besides wiping my face for a mere 10 seconds or less.
WHAT ON EARTH?! I could use those facial cottons to do the same hou mo??!
Oh how could she even call it a SPA anyway? all she did was a 10 minutes massage and that was it. With some oil of their own that's claim to help in ways that I couldn't even be bothered to listen.

Proceeded with the foot soak, treatment huh?!!?? Didn't feel like my foot got any treatment?
That, soak.

While they were there (the two of them, I overheard that the boss is not in) telling me about the massage packages that they have and what nots, they didn't even ask me if I like it at all.

No, I didn't like my session at all.
I did not feel pampered cause service was just bad.
They are polite, even when I rejected the packages they were trying to sell. No doubt, they were polite. and that's the only good thing?

Nope, I didn't have a pleasant experience. No intention on going for another visit.
Not interested in the massages packages, it wasn't really good.

Ciu.



No comments:

Post a Comment