Friday, May 31, 2013

A little getaway..

I am back, and tanned...
cheers to times I realised how quickly I get a tan. Also to patients of my own race asking me questions in Malay. Not that I don't get that often enough throughout my years in secondary school. XD

Escaped from the hustle bustle of the city... and landed myself in Manila. Having said that, I didn't really escaped didn't I? :( It's busy over there in Manila. The vehicles on the road.. the locals selling goods walking on the streets itself.. the jeepney and tuk-tuk-alike vehicles stopping wherever they like.. It was madness. A 10 minutes ride could lenghten to a good half an hour!
One has to be really skillful to drive there as well.. If you think you are oh-so-awesome when you could squeeze your car between two cars which are pretty far apart.. wait till you see the taxi drivers in Manila. TOOOOOOOOOO "skillful".. There's the good and bad.. and the bad is, as always.. for a motion sickness person like me.

There's also the new and old areas in Manila where we see people from different backgrounds. Get to places like Baclaran or Chinatown.. then to places like Makati, Bonafacio, the Greenbelt Mall part or Mall of Asia aka MOA... you will get what I mean. They have more shopping outlets than here in KL though... from different parts of the world. If you are a shopaholic, maybe you'll like it here. :D

On a side note, nope I didn't try their street 'delicacy', Balut. Hik Hik..


Went to Boracay also.


Was having a hard time finding the recommended accommodation and hence settled with somewhere simple and near to the beachhhhh.

Pretty, long white sand beach.. but overcrowded :( The beaches are divided to sections, and if you prefer a quiet little time on your own.. head to Section 1. Also where the more luxurious hotels and resorts are situated at. No worries, you could gain access to it easily.


Did helmet diving.. then I realised I'm a little claustrophobic, I know there's no little or a lot.. I'm just not too sure if I am. but it was a nice experience!Too bad the photographer only gave the other group some bread (I know it's bad) to feed the fish to capture some photos but not us!  Hmph! but I am grateful enough.. though the heavy helmet hurt my shoulder for a few days.

Went for island hopping too, spent probably a little too much for it. Had a little picnic by the beach. Okay, not really a picnic! We can actually get seafood and get them cooked at one of the islands, of course with charges incured. That sums up spending a little too much on the 2nd day. XD


Sand Castle. It says Welcome to Boracay actually... He hasn't finish his masterpiece.




They offers a whole range of things to do actually.. mostly beach activities of course, but I would recommend you to head to Section 1 and find this spot called Ariel's Point and see what they have to offer.. We didn't take the package due to time restriction, but I would recommend you to see this one before taking the offers along the beach.. especially if you are as hyped as I am towards the word "Cliff Diving", in a safer manner of course! You jump from a board instead of the rocks.

Massages, braiding, tattoo henna and other services are reasonably priced there.. :D I would love to think so.

Okay, think my jiff in blogging is long gone! Just want to store some memories here.



With love. xoxoxoxo

So clear that I can see my legs! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment